Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Wounded Soul

God is everything that each one of us has. He is always by our side, whatever happens. Whether we are awed, jovial, miserable, petrified, shocked, thrilled, orwrathful, we never ever miss His holy presence.

This poem was birthed at the time when I felt that the world left me standing alone in the middle of nowhere. I was lost and I didn’t know exactly what to do. But I did know something very important: I can call 911 directly routed to heaven, and there He will be… my Protector.


The Wounded Soul

I am a wounded soul.
Bleeding with tears are my eyes,
Waiting for your return.

I am a wingless flier.
To bold the skies and soar,
But fall aground after.

I breathe not air,
But hatred and pain.
I am punished in vain.

My soul is torn in two:
Heaven and earth,
They gash my hues.

It is through you…
My absolution,
My never return to damnation.

Come to me now.
This poor wounded soul
Is waiting for you.

No comments: